Modular Network Time Server
The NTP80-M Modular network Time Server provides highly accurate yet economic time distribution over local area networks (LAN) using Network Time Protocol (NTP). NTP is the industry-standard means of time distribution over discrete networks.
NTP80-M is the modular version of the NTP80plus, i.e. it benefits from the flexibility of a module slot for interface with client-specified applications.
- 1 x output module slot
- 1U high 19” rack mount
- Front panel includes alphanumeric display
- Oscillator options include Precision OCXO & Rubidium
- Economic Multi-Port Stratum 1 Network Time Server
- Can act as both host and server in peer-to-peer mode
- Capable of synchronising up to 3 discrete networks independently
- Client system accuracy to within 50 μs*
- Precision timing circuits ensure stability in event of synchronisation signal interruption.
- Configuration and alarm reporting capabilities using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Module slot for greater output flexibility
- 1pps output
Input Synchronisation Options
- Satellite (GPS, GLONASS or BEIDOU) via Active or Long Distance Antenna
- Analogue timecode, e.g. IRIG-B, AFNOR, NFS-87500
- NTP (Peer-to-Peer)
- LF (MSF, DCF-77, etc)
A trusted time source is critical in many organisations such as airports, railways, financial institutions, telecommunications companies, etc. but can also figure highly on the scale of importance in other industries.
Having no trusted time source is a weak point in business security, making it more difficult to be protected against fraud, hacking, internal and external disputes, and has a direct effect on efficiency and therefore profitability.
Time information is available from the Internet, but this means allowing data to travel through your firewall, increasing the potential risk of hackers or viruses obtaining access into your network. Also, there are few or no guarantees that the information being provided is accurate or reliable.
- Accurate & reliable time data from a trusted source
- Control over configuration via web browser
- Synchronicity between users – eradicates discrepancies
- System time stamping (e.g. for e-commerce transactions, e-mail sent & receive, etc) is accurate
- Automatic systems procedures, such as backups, occur at the correct time and in the correct order
- Accepts output module from our comprehensive range for increased flexibility