Combined Timecode/Serial/Analogue/Relay Module
For use with Time & Frequency Solutions’ M210 and M211 Modular Time and Frequency Systems. The Combined Timecode/Serial/Analogue/Relay Module provides a single Timecode Output, together with an output of the impulse drive required by standard Analogue Clocks, two fully independent Serial Outputs of either RS232 or RS422 standard and two relay channels.
- Number of outputs in a single module
- 2 output channels for time data (RS232 / RS422)
- Each channel also provides an on-time signal giving a Time Reference edge[ TTL or RS232, at rates of 1pps or 1ppm]
- Range of Timecode outputs available via 50Ω BNC socket
- Analogue clock driver pulse outputs at impulse rates of 1 minute, ½ Minute, or 1 per second intervals.
- 2 relay channels with programmable on-off times (voltage-free contact)
For the Timecode Output the formats supported include IRIG-B, IRIG-E, XR3, 2137 and AFNOR . For the serial outputs, a comprehensive range of protocols is available by user selection.
One impulse circuit is provided, which can supply standard 24V DC reverse polarity impulses either once per second, once per half minute or once per minute. These impulses are used to drive standard analogue impulse clocks. This output may also be used to drive Time & Frequency Solutions’ range of Digital Displays.
Applications for this module is where Timecode Outputs are required to provide time data for Audio Tape Recorders, while the Serial Outputs provide time for Computer Networks and/or Time Stamps and the Analogue Output is used for Wall Clocks. A variety of timecode types are available for user selection and the Serial Data Outputs are fully independent.
This module also includes two relay channels with programmable on-off times to allow the synchronisation of external devices such as found in SCADA and energy management equipment. The relay contacts are of the voltage free dry contact type.