Long Distance GPS Antenna System
The Long Distance GPS Antenna System is ideal in situations where the antenna is placed a long way from the Time & Frequency System. As it is compatible with standard Cat 5/5e/6 cable, this antenna system can be used with a wide range of TFS Time & Frequency Standards, Distribution Units and Network Time Servers.
- Overcomes loss of signal when antenna is a long distance from the timing system
- Can be used with up to 500 metres of Cat5/5e/6 cable
- Compatible with many TFS time & frequency systems*, including:
- NTP80 Network Time Server (all models)
- PTP80 & PTP80 Elite GrandMaster Clock
- GPS8 Time & Frequency Standard
- UMC40 Network Time Server
N.B.Optional Extra Available : Waterproof Lightning Surge Protector – please contact us for details
Certain installations require the GPS Antenna to be mounted a long distance from the Master Clock or Time & Frequency System. This may be due to a complex cable route or the location in a tall building.
In such cases, it is recommended that the Long Distance GPS Antenna system is used, as this configuration will overcome the signal loss experienced when routing the GPS L1 carrier over long cable lengths.
The Long Distance GPS Antenna System can be used with a variety of TFS time & frequency standards, distribution systems and network time servers.