PTP80 GrandMaster Clock
The PTP80 GrandMaster Clock generates and distributes precisely synchronised time across packet networks to IEEE1588 v2 standard.
- Uses Precision Time Protocol (PTP) to IEEE-1588 v2
- Distributes time to remote PTP clients and slaves over a network
- Multiple PTP80’s can be utilised for load sharing resilience and increased support
- Advanced hardware-generated timestamps
- GPS input source with multiple alternative inputs available
- Internal disciplined oscillator continues to provide stability if input source interrupted
- Rubidium or Quartz Oscillators
- Choice of auxiliary outputs include 1PPS & 10MHz, E1/T1 and optional IRIG-B
- Additional customer-specified outputs also available
- Platforms: 19 inch 1U high rack mountable chassis
- OEM Board design also available providing Equipment Manufacturers with a fast track PTP implementation
The PTP80 GrandMaster Clock incorporates hardware based time stamping, providing the highest level of timing and frequency over a broad range of wireline and wireless applications using Precision Time Protocol (PTP), described in the IEEE 1588-2008 version 2 standard.
Typical PTP80 GrandMaster Clock Applications Include:
- Ethernet / IP Backhaul (Synchronisation of Base Stations)
- Broadcasting (Synchronisation of DVB / DAB Transmitters)
- Power Utilities (Applications requiring Time of Day)
- Applications requiring Precise Timing delivered over a Packet Network
PTP80 GrandMaster Clock System Benefits:
- Precise timing and synchronisation over Packet Based Networks
- Rapid migration to Ethernet Backhaul in Mobile Networks
- Interoperability with 3rd Party PTP Clients
- Complete End to End PTP Solution with PTP8 Slave Network Time Client
- SNMP and Web Management
- Front panel has a large alphanumeric LCD, status indicator and 5-segment button for visual status and minimal configuration.
For full specifications, see product datasheet.