PTP80 Elite-S GrandMaster & Boundary Clock
The PTP80 Elite-S GrandMaster & Boundary Clock generates and distributes precisely
synchronised time across packet networks.
It uses Precision Time Protocol (PTP) to IEEE-1588 v2 to distribute time to remote PTP clients and slaves over a network. Multiple PTP80 Elite-S units can be utilised for load sharing resilience and increased support. It is also capable of synchronising to PTP offering further timing resilience.
PTP80 Elite-S offers the capability of a PTP Grandmaster which can be synchronised from both a GNSS source and another PTP Grandmaster Clock, thereby providing a highly
resilient source of packets.
- Advanced hardware-generated timestamps
- Internal disciplined oscillator provides continued stability if synchronisation source interrupted
- One PTP Grandmaster element enabling synchronisation of a large range of PTP clients
- One PTP client element for synchronisation from another Grandmaster clock
- Rubidium or Quartz Oscillators
- Multiple outputs include 1PPS & 10MHz, E1/T1 and IRIG-B
- OEM Board design also available providing Equipment Manufacturers with a fast track
- PTP implementation.
Input Synchronisation Options:
GPS, GPS/GLONASS, GPS/ BEIDOU (all via Active or Long Distance Antenna)
Multiple alternative inputs available
The PTP80 Elite-S GrandMaster Clock incorporates hardware based time stamping, providing the highest level of timing and frequency over a broad range of wireline and wireless applications using Precision Time Protocol (PTP), described in the IEEE 1588-2008 version 2 standard.
Broadcasting (Synchronisation of DVB / DAB Transmitters)
Power Utilities (Applications requiring Time of Day)
High Frequency Trading (HFT) in Financial Services
Ethernet / IP Backhaul (Synchronisation of Base Stations)
- Precise timing and synchronisation over packet-based Networks
- Rapid migration to Ethernet / IP Backhaul in Mobile Networks
- Complete End to End PTP Solution with PTP8 Network Time Client
- Interoperability with 3rd Party PTP Clients
- Front panel has a large alphanumeric LCD, status indicator and 5-segment button for configuration
- Comprehensive web browser for remote configuration and control