PTP80 Elite GrandMaster Clock
The PTP80 Elite GrandMaster Clock from Time & Frequency Solutions generates and distributes precisely synchronised time across packet networks using the IEEE 1588 v2 Precision Time Protocol (PTP).
The PTP80 Elite GrandMaster Clock differs from the standard PTP80 in that it has 2 Ethernet ports instead of one, both of which have Gigabit Ethernet capability, plus an SFP connector allowing connection to other media such as fibre.
- Uses Precision Time Protocol (PTP) to IEEE-1588 v2
- Distributes time to remote PTP clients and slaves over a network
- Multiple PTP80’s can be utilised for load sharing resilience and increased support
- Advanced hardware-generated timestamps
- GPS input source with multiple alternative inputs available
- Internal disciplined oscillator continues to provide stability if input source interrupted
- Rubidium or Quartz Oscillators
- Choice of auxiliary outputs include 1PPS & 10MHz, E1/T1 and IRIG-B (optional)
- Additional customer-specified outputs also available
- Platforms: 19 inch 1U high rack mountable chassis
- OEM Board design also available providing Equipment Manufacturers with a fast track PTP implementation
The PTP80 Elite GrandMaster Clock incorporates hardware based time stamping, providing the highest level of timing and frequency over a broad range of wireline and wireless applications using Precision Time Protocol (PTP), described in the IEEE 1588-2008 version 2 standard.
Choose between 3 models according to how many clients your system needs to support:
|Model||PTP80 Elite GrandMaster Clock||PTP80 Elite-D GrandMaster Clock||PTP80 Elite-Q GrandMaster Clock|
Typical PTP80 Elite GrandMaster Clock Applications Include:
- Ethernet / IP Backhaul (Synchronisation of Base Stations)
- Broadcasting (Synchronisation of DVB / DAB Transmitters)
- Power Utilities (Applications requiring Time of Day)
- Applications requiring Precise Timing delivered over a Packet Network
PTP80 Elite GrandMaster Clock System Benefits:
- Precise timing and synchronisation over Packet Based Networks
- Rapid migration to Ethernet Backhaul in Mobile Networks
- Interoperability with 3rd Party PTP Clients
- Complete End to End PTP Solution with PTP8 Slave Network Time Client
- SNMP and Web Management
- Front panel has a large alphanumeric LCD, status indicator and 5-segment button for visual status and minimal configuration.
For full specifications, see product datasheets.