Network Time Client
The PTP8 Slave Network Time Client from Time & Frequency Solutions provides network operators and equipment manufacturers with a packet – based timing and synchronisation solution using the Precise Time Protocol (PTP) IEEE1588 v2 standard.
- Standalone IEEE1588v2 PTP Client
- Precision timing circuits ensure stability in event of synchronisation signal interruption.
- Integrated Web Server.
- LED System Status
- Multiple Outputs and customer specified options also available.
- Time of day (TOD) is also provided for support of legacy equipment using IRIG B, RS232, RS422 and RS485.
- OEM Board design also available providing Equipment Manufacturers with a fast track PTP implementation
The PTP8 Slave Network Time Client converts the IEEE1588v2 protocol supplied across a packet network to traditional E1/T1, 1PPS, 10MHz, IRIG B, Serial TOD and customer requested timing signals.
The PTP8 Slave Network Time Client provides a rapid upgrade of existing network infrastructure to packet based timing and synchronisation enabling operators to lower upgrade costs when migrating from a TDM to Ethernet backhaul.
The Enhanced PTP8 has all the features of the standard PTP8 but also includes enhancements specifically for Telecoms applications.
Typical PTP8 Applications Include:
- Ethernet / IP Backhaul (Synchronisation of Base Stations)
- Broadcasting (Synchronisation of DVB / DAB Transmitters)
- Power Utilities (Applications requiring Time of Day)
- Applications requiring Precise Timing delivered over a Packet Network
PTP8 Slave Network Time Client Benefits:
- Seamless Upgrade to PTP IEEE1588v2
- Complete End to End PTP Solution with PTP80 Grandmaster Clock
- Accelerates PTP Client Deployments
- Time Outputs (1PPS, TOD)
- Unicast / Multicast Operation
- Correlation of 10MHz and 1PP
The PTP8 Slave Network Time Client is available as a 19″ rack-mountable unit, a
stand-alone unit (pictured), PCI card, OEM board or custom
design. More information on the PCI card and OEM board solutions is available in the separate datasheet ‘PTP8 Board Solutions‘